I was lucky enough to have just returned from a Trip to Europe where I spent two days conducting training in Uppsala Sweden. Thanks to ett.se for sponsoring the courses.
In the two days we covered the following topics.
- FCWS Structure
- FirstClass 12 API
- Introduction to the FirstClass API
- Review the API documentation and the API DocSet Viewer
- Using the API Inspector to understand how to retrieve and parse returned JSON data from the server
- Use the API inspector to understand how to create and update content on the FirstClass server
- Review code samples and available source code
- Build an application using the API Inspector as a template
- Single Signon and Login Tickets
- External Applications
- Installing External Applications
- Using the External Application Development Template
- Storing and retrieving user based application data
- Building an external application
- FCWS Customization
- Skinning or Theming FCWS
- Custom Icon creation and retrieval
There were 6 students in the class from Sweden and Germany. A great bunch.
I was able to take my wife with me again and this time after training we were off to Paris for a couple of days before returning home. I am looking forward to other opportunities.